How to Keep your Pets Safe During the Holidays


Please follow and like us:
onpost_follow

How to keep your pets safe during the holidays

YOU HEAR THE STORIES ABOUT DOGS AND CATS THIS TIME OF YEAR GETTING INTO THINGS THEY SHOULDN’T. SOMETIMES THAT MEANS CHOCOLATE UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE, OTHER TIMES IT MEANS CATS GETTING INTO THE TREE ITSELF!

THIS MISCHIEF CAUSES AN INFLUX IN VISITS TO THE VET DURING THE HOLIDAYS. NEWS 4′ S KAYLEE WENDT MET WITH A VETRINANRIAN TODAY, AND SHARES WHAT YOU SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR TO KEEP YOUR FURRIEST FAMILY MEMBERS SAFE THIS CHRISTMAS. (( BUSINESS PICKS UP QUITE A BIT DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON.

WE HAVE MAJOR EMERGENCIES, HIT BY CARS, POISON TOXICITIES, EMERGENCY SURGERIES WITH FOREIGN BODIES.


As found on Youtube


 

PETS GETTING INTO PRESENTS, PET OVERDOSES. YOU List IT, WE’VE GOT IT. )) THE VERTERINARIAN’S OFFICE IS NOT THE FIRST PLACE YOU THINK OF WHEN THINKING OF CHRISTMAS.

BUT DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON, BUSINESS CERTAINLY PICKS UP. THAT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH WHAT PETS GET INTO- AND ALOT OF TIMES THAT STARTS WITH THE CHRISTMAS TREE. (( ELECTRICAL CORDS ARE OUT, LIGHTS ARE OUT, THESE THINGS CAN BE AN ISSUE IF YOU HAVE A PET WHO WANTS TO CHEW ON THEM .))

AND IF YOU’RE TREE IS ARTIFICIAL, THE AMOUNT OF PLASTIC CONSUMED CAN ALSO BE PROBLEMATIC. OTHER DECORATIONS TRADITOANLLY PUT ON THE TREE CAN CAUSE ISSUES TOO.

(( THERE ARE OTHER MORE CONCERNING THINGS THIS TIME OF YEAR LIKE CHOCOOLATE. RIBBON AND TINSEL IF INGESTED ESPECIALLY BY SMALL CATS AND DOGS CAN DAMAGE THE INTESTINES .)) IN MANY CASES, ESPECIALLY WITH CATS, RIBBON AND TINSEL ARE COMMONLY INGESTED.

IF THAT HAPPENS- SURGERY IS SOMETIMES NECESSARY IN ORDER TO HELP THE ANIMAL PASS THE FOREIGN OBJECTS. OUTSIDE OF THE TREE- A TYPICAL RED POINSETTA THAT YOU SEE IN MANY HOMES THIS TIME OF YEAR CAN BE TOXIC.

(( POINTSETTAS ARE NOT AS POISONOUS AS PEOPLE THINK ALTHOUGH THEY CAN CAUSE VOMITTING AND GI UPSET .)) IF YOU’RE ANIMAL IS KNOWN FOR Eating PLANTS, KEEPING THEM OFF THE GROUND IS A GOOD IDEA.

IF YOU STILL WANT GREENERY AROUND YOUR HOME YOU CAN REPLACE THE POINTSETTA WITH SOMETHING MORE SAFE.

(( THERE’S ANOTHER PLANT CALLED A CHRISTMAS CATCUS THAT PEOPLE GIVE EACH OTHER THIS TIME OF Year THAT IS NOT POISONOUS AT ALL .))

THE MOST HARMFUL THING INGESTED BY ANIMALS THIS TIME OF YEAR IS CHOCOLATE.

(( IT DEPENDS ON THE AMOUNT OF CHOLCOLATE BUT CHOCOLATE IN SMALL AMOUNTS CAN CAUSE VOMITTING AND DIARREA.

THE HIGHER YOU GO IN THE EXPOSURE THE MORE LIKLEY YOU’LL SEE TREMORING, AND EVEN SEIZURES. IN REALLY HIGH DOSES YOU CAN SEE COMA AND EVEN DEATH .))

DR RICKWALD SAYS THAT MILK CHOCOLATE AND WHITE CHOCOLATE ARE THE LEAST HARMFUL TO PETS BUT THE DARKER THE CHOCOLATE IS THE WORSE THE IMPACTS COULD BE.

IF YOU ARE WORRIED THIS HOLIDAY SEASON ABOUT SOMETHING YOUR PET INGESTED YOU CAN REACH OUT TO THE ASPCA ANIMAL POISON CONTROL HOTLINE AT 888 -4 26.

Keep Pets Safe At Christmas

Please follow and like us:
onpost_follow

What's Your Reaction?

lol lol
0
lol
love love
0
love
omg omg
0
omg
cute cute
0
cute
sad sad
0
sad
angry angry
0
angry
NSFW NSFW
0
NSFW

How to Keep your Pets Safe During the Holidays

log in

Don't have an account?
sign up

reset password

Back to
log in

sign up

Captcha!
Back to
log in

Let's get in touch

Hi Pet Friend !
Contact us any time.
We will respond a.s.a.p.

Social Media

Contact